Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Change of Pace

I just got done ranting about stupid people but I decided to keep that little gem for myself. Instead, I decided that I'd post some of my favorite pictures. I'm getting back into photography (it comes and goes in waves) so I thought I'd share some pictures. If you've been to my Facebook or Deviant Art pages, these aren't new. If you've not been to my Deviant Art page, here's a link:  http://www.pentacleseven.deviantart.com

I absolutely adore photography. Everyone else in my immediate family either draws or paints but my preferred tool is the camera. I took a distance learning course once but it's not the same as learning with an instructor and other students. At some point, I'd like to take an actual class or two. In the meantime, here are some of the pictures that I love the most:


This is a portrait of one of the many artists my husband played with. He's in front of The Manium- a downtown Olympia club owned by a Satanic dentist (I kid you not) that never opened because it failed to meet so many codes.


I don't generally shoot weddings. In fact, I pretty much hate shooting them. Nevertheless, I always bring my camera and fire away. Not having the pressure of being a hired gun always makes it so much more enjoyable. This is one I caught at my friend Brian's wedding. He used to come to work pining over this girl named Autumn. Long story short, his persistence paid off.


I met my friend Robyn at a mutual friend's house one day. In addition to being so much more, she was also an amateur model. I've shot her three times and this is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment